[R] Point pattern - Surface pattern statistical link

nelson.drew Andrew_Nelson at umit.maine.edu
Fri Feb 8 20:53:44 CET 2008

Hi,

I am a graduate student at the University of Maine in forestry.  I am
studying spatial pattern analysis of tree regeneration.  My study design is
a contiguous grid in which regeneration is completely sampled, and hopefully
analyzed using surface pattern techniques.  I am also interested in
examining the relationship of the regeneration density with overstory trees,
which have a GPS location, and I unsure of a technique or program in R which
can accomplish this task.

Can anyone provide some insight into this task.

Cheers,
Andrew Nelson