[R] "revision control software" for managing R-code?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Feb 7 17:28:31 CET 2008

On 2/7/2008 11:18 AM, Thomas Pujol wrote:
> Does anyone use "revision control software" to manage their R-code?
> Any suggestions?
>
> Ideally, I'm looking for a, effective yet easy to implement/maintain package.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software

The R sources themselves are maintained in Subversion, and it works
well.  If you want to use Subversion, I recommend reading the Subversion
book, available online at svnbook.com, or on paper at a bookstore.

The build scripts for packages also recognize and work around the
metadata for a few other version control systems:  CVS (which R used to
use, I like Subversion better), arch, git, and bzr.  I've never tried
any of the latter three.

Duncan Murdoch