[R] X11 is not availble

Dennis Schmidt Dennis.Schmidt at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Dec 18 14:52:40 CET 2008

Hi Barry,

this is the output of my capabilities() call:

jpeg      png     tiff    tcltk      X11     aqua http/ftp  sockets
    FALSE    FALSE    FALSE    FALSE    FALSE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE
   libxml     fifo   cledit    iconv      NLS  profmem    cairo
     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE    FALSE

How do I install these png-devel library and header? (I'm sorry, my
Unix knowledge isn't really THAT big ;-))
Tried apt-get, but that doesn't find anything linke png-dev or png-
devel...

Dennis