[R] Polar coordinates - contour plots

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:08:38 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Todor Kondic <dolichenus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bert for the answer! I'll try to find an appropriate package.
> In the end, i have "fiddling".
>
> But, can anyone tell me, were I to create an underlying implementation
> of cooridnate transforms, perhaps controlled by user via 'par', would
> I need to change the handling of e.g x,y data by every different
> high-level plot? Or, are there some general, overridable, methods the
> plotting functions call in order to create plotting points from data?

Well there is such a thing in ggplot2, e.g.
http:///had.co.nz/ggplot2/coord_polar.html, but the contours are
calculated on the original data and then transformed to polar
coordinates, which doesn't sound like what you want.  This is a
technical limitation in ggplot2 - ideally the coordinate system should
influence how summary statistics are calculated, but it doesn't.

Hadley

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/