[R] simultaneous plots

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Wed Dec 3 10:03:30 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 02:28:18PM -0800, David Epstein wrote:
> Is there a good and concise way of making simultaneous plots that are
> identical, but directed to different devices?
>
> I'm writing an R-script that produces a pdf file. I would really like to
> check visually whether the pdf file shows what I expect. So I would like the
> same commands to produce a plot on screen. At the moment I'm using
> cut-and-paste, which is not ideal because any corrections have to be done
> twice---very error-prone.

I usually keep my pdf viewer (kpdf) open which automatically refrehes
once I re-create the plot. On windows this is a problem, as far
as i know. You may get what you are after by storing the plot
with recordPlot() and then use replayPlot() to send it to
additional devices.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik