[R] deconvolution: Using the output and a IRF to get the input

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 02:35:29 CEST 2008

Hi Wolf,

Without noise you could use FFT, i.e. FFT of a convolution is the product of the individual FFTs and so you get the FFT of your input signal and using inverse FFT you get the signal itself.
When there is noise you must experiment. You may want to filter the response before doing FFT. Whay do you know about the noise?

Regards,

Moshe.