[R] deconvolution: Using the output and a IRF to get the input

wolf zinke wolfzinke at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 00:22:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

Maybe someone could give me some pointers for my problem. So far I have
not found a good solution, maybe it is just ill posed?

I have a signal that is the result of an input signal convolved with a
given impulse response function (IRF) plus noise. I want to use the this
signal and the IRF to determine the underlying input signal. In my
naivety I thought this just might be a deconvolution problem. But here I
found only routines that use the input signal and the output signal to
get the IRF. Is it possible to derive the input signal when output and
IRF are given? If so, how could I do this with R?

Thanks a lot for any hints,
wolf