[R] mob(party) formula question

Birgitle birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Wed Aug 13 11:40:15 CEST 2008

I try tu use mob() with my data.frame ('data.frame':	288 obs. of  81
variables; factors, numerics and ordered factors)
My response is a binary variable and I should use for modelling a logistic
regression (family=binomial).

I read in the "MOB" Vignette that I could use a formula like this if I would
like to have only partitioning variables apart from the response.

Test.mob<-mob(Resp~1|Var1+Var2+...., data=dataframe, model=glinearModel,
family=binomial())

but this gives me back an error-message:

Fehler in `[.data.frame`(x, r, vars, drop = drop) :
  undefined columns selected

Error in `[.data.frame`(x, r, vars, drop = drop) :
  undefined columns selected

But Var1, Var2 and Resp are in my dataframe. Why do I get this error?

I am also wondering how I can find out which variables I should use for
partitioning and which for modelling?

There are correlations between some variables in my dataframe. Would it be a
possibility to use always one variable of the correlated variable-pairs for
partitioning and one for modelling?

I would be very happy if somebody could give me some hints or answers to my
questions.

Many thanks in advance.

B.

-----
The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.
(Marcus Aurelius)