[R] RPro

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 19:45:35 CEST 2008

on 08/09/2008 12:13 PM Charles C. Berry wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Kenn Konstabel wrote:
>> There's more to this trend: SPSS and Statistica now advertise "R language
>> support" :
>> http://www.statsoft.com/industries/Rlanguage.htm
>> http://www.spss.com/spssdirections/na/sessions.cfm?sessionType=2
> If you can't beat R, join R.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

> Should someone start a pool on when SAS will offer 'R language support' ??

It is already in place, albeit not from Cary:

See the link for "A Bridge to R for SAS Users".

That product might put an interesting spin on:

 > fortune(28)

Jim Gustafsson: I would like to put my SAS-code into R. Could I do
that, if yes, how?
Frank Harrell: Just reverse the procedure you use when you put R code
into SAS. ;)
    -- Jim Gustafsson and Frank Harrell
       R-help (February 2004)

Their WPS product has been getting a fair amount of attention, at least
for those needing mostly "Base" and not "Stat" functionality at
substantially less cost than the SAS commercial license pricing.