[R] long run time for loop operation & matrix fill

rcoder mpdotbook at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:06:23 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm running some code containing an outer and inner loop, to fill cells in a
2500x1500 results matrix. I left my program running overnight, and it was
still running when I checked 17 hours later. I have tested the operation on
a smaller matrix and it executes fine, so I believe there is nothing wrong
with the code. I was just wondering if this is normal program execution
speed for such an operation on a P4 with 2GB RAM?

Thanks,

rcoder