[R] LAPACK.dll and Excel with R 2.7.0

Chen, Zehao zehao.chen at lehman.com
Thu Aug 7 20:34:38 CEST 2008

Thanks Prof. Ripley for your prompt reply.

The interesting thing is when you compile the wrappers into stand alone
console programs, it actually runs well. I traced the calling chain: it
locates both R_HOME\bin\Rlapack.dll and R_HOME\modules\lapack.dll.

With the same PATH (=C:\R\bin) and R_HOME (=C:\R) setup, running the
same wrapper within Excel experiences problem with eigen and solve
functions unless you explicity specify LINPACK=T.

Best Regards,
Zehao