[R] Problem installing packages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 18:18:28 CEST 2008

The first message makes sense, but unfortunately if we cannot reproduce
it, we cannot help.  The issue appears to be that your OS is garbling file
names.

Is this is a translation back from German?  The original would appear to
be

     unable to move temporary installation '...' to '...'

Could you try a recent R-patched build?  There is a possibility that one
of two fixes might have fixed this too.

xl<Ôu $@\R\R-2.7.0\libra' or