[R] 3-D-Plot

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Apr 17 15:43:39 CEST 2008

Edwin Sendjaja wrote:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> What is the different between rgl and scatterplot3d? I dont need a graphik
> like vulcano. I just need 3D-"dot"-plot.

Sure, rgl can do it as well.
Difference is that scatterplot3d is based on R's standard devices while
rgl is based on an OpenGL device. Hence rgl is much more flexible and
can rotate things and easily draws nice transparent forms, but
scatterplot3d is nice for printing to 2D in different formats at the end.

Uwe