[R] SVG format from any R graphic GUI?

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Wed Apr 16 15:03:49 CEST 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:20:35 +0200 Agustin Lobo wrote:
AL>I have problems with emf files because OpenOffice does
AL>a poor job at importing figures in this format. On the other
AL>hand, imported eps figures are not displayed, just printed.
AL>Is there any R graphic gui able to export as SVG (or
AL>other vector format)? I've
AL>tried JGR, iplots and svGUI.

The figures format has nothing to do with the gui. It matters which
devices are supported by your R platform on your system
(Win/Linux/Mac?).

A quick search on r-project.org pointed me to the Cairo package. Maybe
you can try that.

You will also have reasonable results using the png device/graphics.

usually you do something like:

png("myplot.png",width=500,height=500)
plot(x,y)
dev.off()