[R] Help load a package into R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 11 12:28:16 CEST 2008

There is a 'kinship' package on CRAN, with DESCRIPTION file

Package: kinship
Version: 1.1.0-19
Date: 2008-2-19
Title: mixed-effects Cox models, sparse matrices, and modeling data from
large pedigrees
Author: Beth Atkinson (atkinson at mayo.edu) for pedigree
         functions. Terry Therneau (therneau at mayo.edu) for all other
functions.
Maintainer: Jing hua Zhao <jinghua.zhao at mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk>

Looks like the same package to me, and does have a Windows binary on CRAN.

http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/mayo/research/biostat/splusfunctions.cfm