[R] How to access the attributes of a ggplot?

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 22:04:34 CEST 2008

Hi Tribo,

>  I found 'ggopts', but it only returns some of the properties.  Say I
>  want to get the x- and y-axis limits, the tickmark locations, legend
>  current position, the legend box and background color and set them to
>  new values.
>
>  Are these properties easily accessible (and modifiable) from the object?

Some of them are:

 * the x and y axis limits are properties of the scales (e.g. +
scale_x_continuous(limits=c(5, 10))
 * the tickmark locations and labels are also properties of the scales
(e.g. + scale_x_continuous(breaks=c(5, 10), labels=c("five","ten"))
 * the legend position is set by ggopt()

Some of them aren't:

 * legend fill and outline colours can only be changed by modifying
the underlying grid object - see the last chapter of the ggplot book
to see how to do this.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/