[R] Friendly way to link R - MySQL and non-(R and Mysql) users ?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:27:46 CET 2007

Simplest would be to use the select.list() R command:

xnames <- select.list(colnames(iris))

For a prettier and more functional approach the gWidgets package provides
a layer over a number of lower level packages for creating GUI front
ends in R.
http://wiener.math.csi.cuny.edu/pmg/gWidgets

Other R GUI projects are listed here:
http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/