[R] Friendly way to link R - MySQL and non-(R and Mysql) users ?

Ptit_Bleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 20 16:12:17 CET 2007

Thanks to your help, I managed to link R and a Mysql Database, send queries,
plot the results and put everything in a pdf document (with Sweave).

My co-workers find the job not bad but they would like to have a friendly
interface to send queries and see the graphs (the pdf document is not
necessary).
Something like this coul be a good starting point :

---------------------------------------
|  Name of the X columns : ___           |
|  Name of the Y colums   : ___           |
|  Send query Y/N           : ___           |

I read some posts about this topic but all need a server (if I read well).
I'd just want to use it on a local machine.
Is there a way to realize such an interface and to link it directly to an
R-script (which will send the query to MySQL and will plot the result of the
query) ?

Thanks for your help,
Ptit Bleu.