[R] R 2.6.0 & RMySQL

Joachim Claudet joachim.claudet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:11:47 CET 2007

Dear all --

I was facing some problems with the last versions of R and RMySQL.
Someone saw my post on another forum and answered me. And now... it works!
Here is the message:
" I was having the same problem (well, except for the French part) and I
solved it like this:
Download the windows MySQL 5.0 release here:
http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/mysql-noinstall-5.0.45-win32.zip/from/pick#mirrors
( Click “ No thanks, just take me to the downloads! ” and pick a mirror . )
Then unzip the file and go into the bin folder and grab libmysql.dll .
Put this in your R-2.6.0\bin directory. Then restart R and the problem
should be solved."

--
Joachim Claudet - PhD
Email: joachim.claudet at gmail.com