[R] parallel processing an lme model

toby909 at gmail.com toby909 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 00:56:30 CEST 2007

Hi All

Had anyone of you seen if it is possible to split a large lme() job to be
processed by multiple cpus/computers?

I am just at the very beginning to understand related things, but does the lme()
use solution finding functions like nlm() mle(), and I-dont-know-what-else of
the standard R pagage or does lme come with its own? If the former, has onyone
seen how to split an mle() function call to be processed by multiple cpus?

In the case if, I would very much appreicate your hint or point to a source
where I can read about.

Thanks Toby