[R] displaying intensity through opacity on an image (ONE SOLUTION)

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Sat May 19 15:08:38 CEST 2007

On Sat, 19 May 2007 22:05:36 +1000 Jim Lemon <jim at bitwrit.com.au> wrote:

> Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> >
> > (we are out of R).
> >
> > And then look at the pdf file created: by default it is Rplots.pdf.
> >
> > OK, now we can use gimp, simply to convert this to .eps. Alternatively on linux, the command pdftops and then psto epsi on it would also work.
> >
> > Yippee! Isn't R wonderful??
> >
> Sure is. You could probably save one step by using postscript() instead
> of pdf() and get an eps file directly. The reason I didn't answer the
> first time is I couldn't quite figure out how to do what you wanted.
>
> Jim

Thanks, Jim! Not a problem, But will postscript() work? I thought that help file said that only pdf and MacOSX quartz would work (at the time it was written).

It certainly does not work for me on the screen.

Btw, I made an error in writing the previous e-mail: the command to convert to .eps from .ps is ps2epsi.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan