[R] Wikibooks

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Mar 30 01:59:03 CEST 2007

I think sometime ago someone suggested that we append a
comments/discussion/wiki section to the end of every R functions' help
page that is editable by everyday users.

In other words, every R function help page has a fixed component that
has met R-core's approval and a clearly marked and more flexible
components by everyday users.

The comments section on every function could contain suggestions,
warnings (e.g. the use of "c" versus as.vector thread that was discussed
today), examples, do's and don'ts, suggestion for clarification in
documents.

I think starting from function-level is an interesting idea to
complement Paul Johnson's "R tips".

This comments could perhaps be cleaned up and integrated for future
releases if the R-core agrees on its usefulness. Think of as a Bayesian
approach for maintaining information.

Regards, Adai