[R] question on suppressing error messages with Rmath library

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Wed Mar 21 16:04:05 CET 2007

You might get less noise in the replies if you were explicit about
using Rmath stand-alone and asked on r-devel.

As far as I can see you would need to compile a version of the
stand-alone library that defines the macros for handling of warning
messages differently -- the current one just calls printf in the
stand-alone library.  (You might be able to trick the linker into using
a version of printf for calls from within Rmath that does nothing, but
I suspect recompiling the sourses is easier.)  We will probably be
rethinking this soon in conjunction with some other changes to
vectorized math in R.

Best,

luke