[R] grid on a wireframe plot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:32:57 CET 2007

On 3/20/07, Peter.Schmidtke-stage at sanofi-aventis.com
<Peter.Schmidtke-stage at sanofi-aventis.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to do a surface plot with wireframe from the lattice package.
>
> As for now I use the following command :
> print(wireframe(m,main="% my title", colorkey=TRUE,
> col.regions=rainbow(100), drape=TRUE,aspect =
> c(1,1.0),ylab="y",xlab="x",zlab="z",
> scales=list(arrows=FALSE)),split=c(1,1,3,2), more=TRUE)
>
> How can I show the gridlines in a 3D surface plot of this type?
> I already tried with panel.grid, but it doesn't seem to work in
> combination with panel.cloud (wireframe). I also searched for
> information about the box.3d, without success.

Could you explain in some more detail what you want? If you want grids
along the sides of the bounding box, that may be possible. Grids going
inside the box (or more generally, anything that would involve hidden
line/surface removal) will be hard. In any case, if you don't need
conditioning, you are better off trying to use rgl, which gives you
proper 3-D rendering.

Deepayan