[R] Implementing trees in R

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:59:59 CET 2007

Lists are not good for this.  There is an example in section 3.3 of
the proto vignette of using proto objects for this.  That section
also references an S4 example although its pretty messy with S4.

You might want to look at the graph, RBGL and graphviz packages
in Bioconductor and the dynamicgraph, mathgraph and sna packages
on CRAN.