[R] Linux equivalent to windows menus and script window

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Tue Jun 12 19:42:33 CEST 2007

R 2.5 under windows XP
R 2.5 under Linux FC 6

I currently use R under windows and when I do so, I get to work in a nice windows environment complete with a very useful menu bar that  includes a FILE, EDIT, MISC, PACKAGE, WINDOWS, and HELP menus. I have begun to use R under LINUX. When I run under windows, I get a standard terminal window, but I don't get the menus specific to R. Under windows I also have the ability to open a SCRIPT window, edit R code in the window and submit the code from the window. Is there any way to get a window with R specific menus and a script window?

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the so...{{dropped}}