[R] How do you do an e-mail post that is within an ongoing thread?

Robert Wilkins irishhacker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 03:39:58 CEST 2007

That may sound like a stupid question, but if it confuses me, I'm sure
it confuses others as well. I've tried to find that information on the
R mail-group info pages, can't seem to find it. Is it something
obvious?

To begin a brand new discussion, you do your post as an e-mail sent to
 r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch .
As I am doing right now.

How do I do an additional post that gets included in the
"[R] Tools For Preparing Data For Analysis" thread, a thread which I
started myself yesterday ( thanks for all the responses everybody )?

There's got to be a real easy answer to that, since everybody else does that.
(I'm using gmail, does it make a difference what e-mail host you use?).

PS
If you happen to be reading this, Christophe Pallier & Martin Stevens,
I will respond to your request for examples shortly, once I figure
this posting how-to out. My examples will come from data preparation
problems in clinical trial data ( I worked for 8 years on clinical
trial analysis before beginning work on Vilno ). I'll probably use lab
data as an example because  lab data can be messy and difficult to
work with.