[R] random number generator in batch jobs

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 12:27:31 CEST 2007

Have you read the help page?

      Initially, there is no seed;  a new one is created from the
      current time when one is required.  Hence, different sessions will
      give different simulation results, by default.

Thus if you choose to launch processes on different machines at the
same time you will get the same random number stream.

Running random number streams for parallel computation is a (very)
specialized topic and you need to be aware of the literature.  I will
point out packages rsprng and accuracy (function runifS).