[R] How to install R 2.5 with Synaptic in Ubuntu?

msmith msmith at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 11:34:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion and I wish the solution was that obvious, but I
have changed it to really point at my favourite mirror.

Using your example Synaptic reports the following error when I try to update
the repositories:

http://www.stats.bris.ac.uk/R/bin/linux/ubuntu/dists/feisty/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz:
404 Not Found

This is understandable since that location doesn't exist, but it makes me
think that the directory structure of the R mirrors is not compatible with
Ubuntu and Synaptic, since it automatically seeks /dists/feisty/ rather than
just /feisty/ as it is on the CRAN mirrors.

Thanks again
Mike Smith