[R] Text position in Traditional Graphics

Mike Prager mike.prager at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 24 23:01:04 CET 2007

Mike Prager <mike.prager at noaa.gov> wrote:

> R 2.4.1 on Windows XP.
>
> Question:  In traditional graphics, is it possible to find out
> the height of a line of text in units that can be used in
> arithmetic and then in calls to text()?
[...]

I seem to have solved my own question by setting the user scale
to the size of the window in inches, converting the point size
into inches, and going from there.  This works well for all
sizes of windows. It doesn't change the spacing when windows are
resized, but I can live with that.

There is nothing like posting to R-help to stimulate one's own
thoughts.

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC