[R] Text position in Traditional Graphics

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Wed Jan 24 22:53:49 CET 2007

A few days a go Jim Holman [jholtman at gmail.com] suggested this
(Re: [R] How to annotate a graph with non-transparent math labels?)
for a similar circumstance.  Perhaps it will for in your case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
try using strwidth & strheight

x<-c(0,1)
plot(x,x,type='l')
dimensions<-matrix(c(strwidth(expression(theta),cex=5),strheight(expression(
theta),
cex=5)),nrow=1)
symbols(0.5,0.5
,rectangle=dimensions,bg='white',fg='white',add=TRUE,inches=FALSE)
text(0.5,0.5,expression(theta),cex=5)

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com