[R] R interpretation

dan kumpik daniel.kumpik at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 21:10:24 CET 2007

Hi,

I am new to R (and not really a stats expert) and am having trouble
interpreting its output. I am running a human learning experiment, with
6 scores per subject in both the pretest and the posttest. I believe I
have fitted the correct model for my data- a mixed-effects design, with
subject as a random factor and session (pre vs post) nested within group
(trained vs control).

I am confused about the output. The summary command gives me this table:

  > D.lme<- lme(score~GROUP/session, random=~1|subject, data=ILD4L )
  > summary(D.lme)

Linear mixed-effects model fit by REML