[R] kate editor for R

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Sat Jan 20 04:12:18 CET 2007

xft anti-aliasing is incorporated into the version 23 unicode trunk.

So it looks great on a hi-res LCD panel. Without xft, even using
Bitstream fonts, it was still pretty rough on the eyes.

It also fully supports GTK widgets, which is great if you are using
GNOME, which I do.

xft was added as a patch to version 22, but it was not very stable.

Note that version 23 is in alpha status, so use at your own risk if you
decide to pursue this. 21 is still the current stable release version,
but 23 has been rock solid for me.

I can provide you with a shell script to build it. Let me know.

Best regards,

Marc