[R] Suppresing default text in pairs.lmList() in package = nlme

Ken Knoblauch knoblauch at lyon.inserm.fr
Sun Feb 11 11:20:04 CET 2007

It looks like you get this default xlab with splom so the title is
misleading,
though pairs.lmList calls splom in some cases, see near the end of the
function
where plotfun is assigned a value of either "xyplot" or "splom". I was able
to get the xlab to change by providing an explicit xlab = "machin" argument
to override the xlab argument in the call to splom and which is passed
along by
the ... argument.

ken

Dieter Menne a écrit:
Michael Kubovy <kubovy <at> virginia.edu> writes:

> I would like to suppress the text 'Scatter Plot Matrix' that appears
> under the plot. Could someone please suggest how?

Must be as special Virginia Brand of lmList. That Test does not turn up in my
output, and the only place I found it in the sources was as a comment

## scatter plot matrix plots, generally based on coef or ranef

Dieter
--
Ken Knoblauch
Inserm U846