[R] R in Industry

Romain Francois rfrancois at mango-solutions.com
Wed Feb 7 10:40:16 CET 2007

Kuhn, Max wrote:
> As someone who has (reluctantly) sent job postings to R Help, I think
> that a SIG would be a good idea.
>
> Max

Hi all,

My personnal experience also shows that it is difficult to find a job
where R is a key component, find R related material, or find companies
that would do commercial support for R or R consulting. (BTW, we [1] do).

A R-sig-job list has been proposed on the past, and I still think it is
a good idea. An other point is that if it is too hard finding material
using the regular tools (google, ...), let's just not use them, last
week a new R-focused search engine [2] was created, let's just make sure
it searches on the right places. Alternatively, the R wiki [3] can be
(and is already) use to advertise for jobs [4].

[1] http://www.mango-solutions.com
[2] http://www.rseek.org
[3] http://wiki.r-project.org
[4] http://wiki.r-project.org?id=links:jobs