[R] memory.size help

dxc13 dxc13 at health.state.ny.us
Fri Aug 31 19:20:29 CEST 2007

I have 512 MB RAM with a 1.5 GHz processor.  The dataset I am working with
increases with size with every iteration of the function that I am writing.
R can handle the input data which is about 10,000 records, and a single
iteration with 19,500 observations.  After this, I get the memory.size()
error message.
I have only written 1 other R function so I am not too familiar with
optimizing code.  Do you have any suggestions?