[R] Subject: Re: how to include bar values in a barplot?

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Fri Aug 10 17:46:52 CEST 2007

Jim Lemon Wrote:

> I also greatly enjoyed Ted's rebuttal of the "Bar charts are
> evil and must be banned" argument. If bar charts are
> appropriate for the audience, give 'em bar charts. One great
> way to turn off your customers is to tell them what they can
> and can't do with your product.

I don't remember anyone saying that barcharts are evil or that they
should be banned (3-D bar charts and pie charts on the other hand ...).

I think that a variation on fortune(108) applies here.  While barcharts
may be appropriate for some audiences, it is also appropriate to educate
our audiences to better alternatives.

Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
Intermountain Healthcare