[R] Randomising matrices

Stéphane Dray dray at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri Apr 27 14:14:53 CEST 2007

Your solution is not suitable for quite large matrices.

There are several papers on the subject :

e.g. :
@ARTICLE{SD751,
  author = {Gotelli, N.J. and Entsminger, G.L.},
  title = {Swap and fill algorithms in null model analysis:rethinking
the knight's
    tour},
  journal = {Oecologia},
  year = {2001},
  volume = {129},
  pages = {281-291},
  endnotereftype = {Journal Article},
  keywords = {null model},
  pdf = {/home/stephane/Biblio/Articles/SD751.pdf},
  shorttitle = {Swap and fill algorithms in null model
analysis:rethinking the knight's
    tour}
}

There are different algorithms to solve the question but I am really not
sure that they are implemented in R.

Sincerely,