[R] importing excel-file

Hans-Peter gchappi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:03:32 CEST 2007

2007/4/18, Alberto Monteiro <albmont at centroin.com.br>:
> Method 2:
> This method uses library xlsReadWrite. You must know the index
> of the spreadsheet that you want to load:
> plan6 <- read.xls(filename, sheet = 6, colClasses="double")

it works with the sheet name too! You can write:
plan6 <- read.xls(filename, sheet = "sheet name", colClasses="double")

> This works in most cases.
Huu? (the package is supposed to work in *all* cases...!). Do you use
the newest version (v1.3.1 or v1.3.2)? If there are any bugs/issues,
please report them to me and they - most likely - will get fixed.

--
Regards,
Hans-Peter