[R] Installing packages with R v.2.3.1 on MAC OS X -- Error: "Cannot chdir: No such file or directory"

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 21 21:59:30 CEST 2006

Are you trying to install a package from source?
Try adding type='source' when you call install.packages().
The help page for install.packages() indicates the need for this on a Mac.

You might also check and see if ~/libs exists, and you have write
privileges, but take care of the source vs. binary issue first.
Notice the 'bin' in the URL path it mentions.

-Don