[R] strange error in mtrace

Vladimir Eremeev wl at eimb.ru
Wed Oct 18 04:33:45 CEST 2006

Dear useRs,

I am experiencing very strange error with Mark Bravington's package "debug".
I haven't seen them before.

Here is the sample session

> library(debug)
MVBUTILS: no "tasks" vector found in ROOT
> x<-function() return(1)
> mtrace(x)
> x()
Error in attr(value, "row.names") <- rlabs :
        row names must be 'character' or 'integer', not 'double'
> mtrace(x,FALSE)
> x()
[1] 1
> mtrace(x)
> x()
Error in attr(value, "row.names") <- rlabs :
        row names must be 'character' or 'integer', not 'double'

This happened with any function, which I tried to debug.

I use R 2.4.0 on Linux and on Windows.

debug version is 1.1.0,
mvbutils version is  1.1.1

on both systems.

Linux R was compiled from sources.

The packages were installed from the Internet repositories using install.packages
function on both systems.

update.packages only asks for repository for current session, and does
nothing, which means, that everything is of the latest version.

What could be wrong?

---
Best regards,
Vladimir                mailto:wl at eimb.ru