[R] SOLVED: Anyone managed to run JGR on amd64 Linux? SegFault

Oleg Sklyar osklyar at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 11 16:30:18 CEST 2006

Hi, my post about failing JGR on amd64 solved and here is how I got it
running, hopefully it helps others.

Suppose your JDK (and you need JDK, not only JRE) is in
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun (thus JRE in
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre). Set JAVA_HOME to point there to JDK.
Run R CMD javareconf (thanks Prof. Ripley). RE-install rJava, install
JGR. Start JGR - worked for me with sun-java binary deb of Ubuntu Edgy
and R2.4.0alpha from source.

Best,
Oleg

--
Dr Oleg Sklyar * EBI/EMBL, Cambridge CB10 1SD, England * +44-1223-494466