[R] [R-pkg] New packages pmg, gWidgets, gWidgetsRGtk2

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Oct 8 12:35:43 CEST 2006

hi,

i got the same error messages.

but after installing GTK libraries AND a restart of my windows machine, the package pmg and his GUI was starting correctly.

greetings from austria
helli

Message: 19
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:26:00 -0400
From: "Gabor Grothendieck" <ggrothendieck at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [R] [R-pkg] New packages pmg, gWidgets, gWidgetsRGtk2
To: "j verzani" <pmgrgui at gmail.com>
Cc: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch

Hi, I need installation instructions. library(pmg) seems not to be enough.
Thanks.

> > library(pmg)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-24~1.0/library/RGtk2/libs/RGtk2.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified procedure could not be found.

Error: package 'RGtk2' could not be loaded
Error: .onAttach failed in 'attachNamespace'
PMG needs gWidgetsError in assign(x, value, envir = ns, inherits = FALSE) :
        could not find function "gwindow"
In addition: Warning message:
there is no package called 'pmggWidgetsRGtk' in: library(package,
lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical = TRUE,
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'pmg'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'pmg'