[R] Installing Lindsey's packages

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Sun Oct 8 12:19:42 CEST 2006

Hi Ken,

My message was not well-focused.
Here's the real problem:

mk% R CMD INSTALL rmutil.tgz
ERROR: cannot extract package from 'rmutil.tgz'

On Oct 8, 2006, at 5:23 AM, Ken Knoblauch wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> What works for me is to retrieve the tgz from the garbage and
> to compile it from a terminal command line with R CMD INSTALL,
>
> this is assuming that you have the Development tools installed (of
> course).
>
> Hope that gets you there.
>
> best,
>
> Ken

> Dear r-helpers,
>
> I downloaded http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode/rmutil.tar (it
> was originally .tgz, but got unzipped by my browser).
>
> Can anyone give me detailed instructions on installing this and
> Lindsey's other packages on R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)---(powerpc-
> apple-darwin8.7.0, locale:  C)?
>

> --
> Ken Knoblauch
> Inserm U371
> Institut Cellule Souche et Cerveau
> Dept. of Cognitive Neuroscience
> 18 avenue du Doyen Lépine
> 69500 Bron
> France
> tel: +33 (0)4 72 91 34 77
> fax: +33 (0)4 72 91 34 61
> portable: +33 (0)6 84 10 64 10
> http://www.lyon.inserm.fr/371/

_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/