[R] Aligning aerial photographs and maps

Charles Plessy charles-r-nospam at plessy.org
Tue Nov 28 12:01:33 CET 2006

Le Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 11:39:16AM +0100, F.Tusell a écrit :
> I would like to overlay an aerial photograph in .jpg format and a map. I
> think I could do the alignment manually for each case, but wonder if
> there is a better, automated way. I notice that the .jpg file has a
> companion .jgw file which may be of help.

Dear all,

I am also very interested in such applications, but in the case of
aligning similar images, typically pictures of the same object taken at
a few hundred miliseconds intervals, which produces some shifting if you
have no tripod. The application of this is to do "High dynamic range"
pictures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

There are free software for creating and rendering such pictures, but
nothing (to my knowledge) for aligning pictures taken without tripod. If
R could perform such task, it would open the way of High Dynamic Range
to the masses.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy