[R] ACF plot - setting parameters

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Thu May 18 15:07:14 CEST 2006

Roger Schürch wrote:
> Dear R-help list
>
> I have problems setting parameters for the autocorrelation function plot. I
> would like to Sweave a document with an ACF plot. Firstly the plot does not
> show in my document (the eps file seems to be corrupted), and secondly I
> would like to have it strictly black and white (like in Pinheiro & Bates, p.
> 242).
>
> I tried the following:
>
>> plot( ACF(myModel), alpha = 0.05, bg = "white", ci.col = "black",
> col="black")
>
> R does not complain, but does not set the parameters either. Any idea what I
> am doing wrong?

You need to print the plot - something like this:

<<echo=FALSE,results=hide>>=

library(nlme)

fm1 <- lme(follicles ~ sin(2*pi*Time) + cos(2*pi*Time), Ovary)

trellis.device(color=FALSE)

@

\begin{figure}
   \centering
<<fig=TRUE,width=11,height=5>>=

print(plot(ACF(fm1, maxLag = 10), alpha = 0.01))

@

\end{figure}
\begin{center}
\end{center}