[R] How to get correct proportions/bounding box for latex figure?

context grey mobygeek at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 02:51:48 CET 2006

Thanks for your time, this is the answer I was looking
for.

I would say that R is rather bad at calculating the
bounding box
in this case - it seems to not understand the basic
aspect
ratio of the plot.   But, knowing this, fixing it is
possible;
it was the vague feeling that I must be doing
something wrong
that was bugging me.

A nice work-around would be a bit of R that invokes GS
and then splices the correct bounding box into the
.eps automatically.   I may attempt this sometime...

thanks again

--- Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote:

In both cases, R is not that good at calculating the
bounding box:  it
will often include a lot of white space.  (In this
case it looks as
though it is believing the values passed in the
trellis.device call,
but
with other args to the postscript device it will do
other things.) I
generally use GSview's PS to EPS function to
recalculate it when this
sort of thing matters.