[R] "\r" with RSQLite

Mikkel Grum mi2kelgrum at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 05:30:48 CET 2006

Thanks for the tip. I've attempted the alternative
approach of using write.table, which allows you to see
the file and import it directly. Would the carriage
returns be visible with notepad or with the edit
command? Because I don't see the /r in the text file,
but still get it when I query the database:

> library(RSQLite)
> a <- (5:10)
> b <- (LETTERS[5:10])
> df <- as.data.frame(cbind(a, b))
> library(RSQLite)
> drv <- dbDriver("SQLite")
> con <- dbConnect(drv, dbname = "Test")
>     write.table(df, file = "df.txt", quote = FALSE,
row.names = FALSE)
>     dbWriteTable(con, "DF", "df.txt", header = TRUE,
row.names = FALSE, overwrite = TRUE)
[1] TRUE
>     df2 <- dbGetQuery(con, "SELECT DISTINCT * FROM
DF")
> dbDisconnect(con)
[1] TRUE
> df2
     a_b
1  5 E\r
2  6 F\r
3  7 G\r
4  8 H\r
5  9 I\r
6 10 J\r

Also, this time it doesn't recognise that I didn't
want the rownames. I've attempted to go throught the
source code, but can't trace the problem with the
carriage return.

Mikkel