[R] Remove "gray grid" from levelplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 03:55:08 CET 2006

On 3/4/06, Jan Marius Hofert <m_hofert at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I use the levelplot function of the lattice library, I always see
> small "squares" in the plot. They indicate the region for which the
> same color is used. If you have a levelplot of a function which is
> evaluated at 25x25 equally-spaced points you obtain 26 squares in x
> and 26 squares in y direction. That does not bother too much (but
> still bothers somehow...), but if you want to plot a function which
> is evaluated at 1000x1000 equally-spaced points, then the "thickness"
> of this gray grid cause the grid lines to hit each other so there is
> no space for the color in the square anymore (since the "squares" are
> actually not visible anymore)... this might change the color of the
> whole levelplot!. (I tried it with the plot of f(x,y)=max(x+y-1,0)
> for x,y in the unit interval, i.e. the Lower Frechet copula). So my
> question is, if it is possible to remove this gray "grid" form the
> levelplot graph?

[These comments also hold for your post on '"Continuously colored"
colorkey', which I'm not going to answer separately.]

I'm not entirely sure I understand your description, perhaps you can
give us an example and a screenshot (and read the posting guide while
you are at it). If you mean what I think you mean, these may well be
device and viewer specific issues that have nothing to do with R. For
example, the description in your other (colorkey) post sounds
suspiciously like you are using gv and forgotten to turn off
anti-aliasing, but you have given us so little information that we can
only guess.

Deepayan
--
http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/