[R] R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem

Nantachai Kantanantha kantanantha at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 04:12:27 CET 2006

Hi,
I try to run my model using Quantile Regression (quantreg) package.
However, when I run the script, it has an error message in a pop-up window:

R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error has error information as follows:

Error signature
AppName: rgui.exe	 AppVer: 2.21.51220.0	 ModName: r.dll
ModVer: 2.21.51220.0	 Offset: 00065e50

I am not sure what causes this problem since sometime the model is run
through and give the result. Sometime it has an error during the way. If the
model itself is wrong, it should not give any result but in my case, it
gives the result but just "sometime".

If you know what causes this problem and know how to solve it, please let me
know.

Thank you very much for your help.
Sincerely yours,
Nantachai